1) Nebulae is the space for networking at Doclisboa – International Film Festival. It is a group of activities, gatherings, opportunities and people for the advancement of the creation, production and dissemination of independent film.
2) In 2021, Nebulae takes place between the 21st and 31st of October, in the context of Doclisboa Film Festival.
3) Each edition of Nebulae will invite a country and its film professionals. In 2021, with the support of the Croatian Audiovisual Centre, the Festival welcomes Croatia.
4) In the context of the Invited Country programme, Nebulae will host a pitching session to present national projects in development. The session will take place during Doclisboa IFF.
5) The programme is open only to projects by Croatian filmmakers, Croatian productions and/or co-productions and is looking for projects of all lengths and in every development stage, with cinematographic qualities bringing forth, as a whole, the point of view of their authors; projects that encompass a strong implication in the domain of the real and able to experiment the potential and boundaries of its documental matrix.
6) An annual call for entries will be announced at www.doclisboa.org.
7) In 2021, Calls are open from April 1st to June 30th. Projects submissions are free of charge and open to directors and producers.
8) Applicants are required to fill in the application form and send the materials as defined in the Call. Applications not complying with the requirements will not be considered.
9) The selection of the participating projects will be made by the Nebulae coordinators. If considered relevant, the coordinators will summon up relevant professionals from the sector.
10) Selected participants will be informed of the results by e-mail up to a month before the festival. The information on participating projects will be under embargo until the official announcement to be made by the organization.
11) The Participants of the selected projects agree with the publication of the provided information in the official catalogue of Doclisboa and Nebulae, their website and social media, and other promotional materials.
12) All films that result from a project presented at Nebulae must include in its credits the following credit: “Project presented at Nebulae” + Nebulae logo. Logos can be downloaded here.
13) The submission of a project implies the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
14) Doclisboa and Nebulae guests are not covered by the insurance of the festival.
15) The festival board will decide upon all matters that are not covered by these regulations in accordance with the international rules of film festivals.